ACTIVITIES, ACCOMPLISHMENTS & RECOGNITIONS
Provide information about activities, accomplishments & recognitions, including:
- OT and Health Related Volunteer, Observation and Service Experiences (limit 10)
- Non-OT Volunteer and Service Experiences (limit 10)
- Work Experience (limit 10)
- Professional Licenses & Certifications (limit 5)
- Internships (limit 10)
- Leadership Experience (limit 10)
- Extra-Curricular Activities (limit 5)
- Publications, Presentations & Posters (limit 10)
- Honors, Awards, Recognitions & Special Achievement (limit 10)
- Research Experience (limit 10)
- Teaching/Tutoring (limit 10)
- Other Activites or Accomplishments
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY (OT) OBSERVATION HOURS
Enter all of your paid or volunteer occupational therapy (OT) observation hours on the OTCAS application. If you have observed an occupational therapist in more than one setting, select the Add New Entry button to enter each additional experience. Some OT programs may require OT observation hours or a signed form as part of the admissions process. Review the online OTCAS Directory pages for program-specific requirements. OTCAS will not determine if you met the minimum observation requirements for your designated OT programs.
Items on the OTCAS Application
- Name of Facility - Enter the formal name of the clinic, hospital, or OT facility in which you observed or worked with a occupational therapist.
- Street Address of Facility -Enter the business mailing address for the facility.
- Name of Occupational Therapist - Enter the name of a licensed occupational therapist who supervised you during the observation experience and/or can verify your OT observations hours. If the occupational therapist will also complete a letter of reference on your behalf, you must also enter the individual's information in the REFERENCE section.
- Are you requesting a reference from an OT or other individual associated with this facility? Select YES, if you plan to ask the OT above to also submit a reference on your behalf. If you select 'yes', you must also enter the individual's information in the REFERENCE section.
- OT License Number - Enter the state licensure number for the occupational therapist entered above. If not available, leave item blank.
- State of OT License - Enter the state in which the occupational therapist license was received. If not available, leave item blank.
- OT Email Address - Enter the business email address for the occupational therapist entered above.
- OT Phone Number - Enter a daytime phone number for the occupational therapist or OT facility entered above.
- Type of Experience - Select inpatient or outpatient experience. An inpatient facility generally admits patients overnight.
- Paid or Volunteer Experience - Indicate if it was a paid or volunteer experience.
- Select the OT Setting - Select one setting from list. If “Other”, describe setting. If you experienced multiple settings with the same OT, add a new entry for each experience separately in this section.
- Children and Youth
- Work and Industry
- Health and Wellness
- Mental Health
- Productive Aging
- Status of Experience - Indicate if the OT experience is completed, planned, or in-progress.
- Total Number of Hours Over Span of Experience (to date) - The OTCAS application will automatically tally your total number of hours at this facility based on the information provided in the previous question.
- Start Date - Enter the month and year of your start date.
- End Date - If experience is in-progress, enter the anticipated end date or leave item blank, as appropriate.