Transcript Entry

OTCAS requires that EVERY course you have received college credit for that appears on an official transcript be entered into your OTCAS application in this section.

In order to correctly and effectively calculate your OTCAS GPAs, you are required to enter all courses completed at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution.  This includes courses where credit was granted through completion of a course in high school (such as Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate), courses where credit was granted through the completion of  placement exam (CLEP or a departmental exam), courses completed at a community college or courses completed during summer terms.

Applicants must use a personal copy of their OFFICIAL transcripts to properly enter ALL of their college coursework attempted and earned. Enter courses chronologically, beginning with the oldest transcript to most recent.  Within each term, enter the courses in the order in which they appear on the transcript. Enter each course once from the transcript where it was originally taken, even if the credits transferred to another institution.

Refer to the back of the official transcript to determine the Term Type (semester, quarter, or trimester). At times, a credit conversion may be necessary (e.g. 1.00 credit = 4 semester hours). Please be sure to make any credit conversions before submitting your application.

OTCAS will verify the self-reported courses against the official transcripts. OTCAS will return (undeliver) applications back to the applicant for corrections or an explanation if we identify a significant number of discrepancies or omissions. If applicants fail to properly enter all of their courses when first submitting their application, or do not make corrections as requested, the application will be delayed in processing and applicants  may jeopardize their chances for admission.

Adding A Term

First, select the institution for which you would like to add a term.  Next, select the term, year, and academic status.  Any undergraduate level terms completed after you received a Bachelor’s level degree should be classified as “Post-BS/BA Undergraduate.”

Adding Coursework

Enter each course completed in a term under that specific term, completing each required field.

Course Code

Enter the departmental prefix and course number for the course, such as BIOL 100.

Course Title

Enter the full title of the course, such as “Introduction to Biology”.


Enter the department the course was taken under, and select the corresponding answer from the drop down list that appears.  If the subject you are looking for is not on this list, please try typing in another subject area related to this course and select it from the drop down list.  The subject must be chosen from the list provided.


Enter the attempted credit value for the course, exactly as it appears on your transcript.


Enter the grade exactly as it appears on your transcript.  The CAS grade will automatically populate.

Transcript Review

Once you have entered all courses from all U.S. and Canadian institutions attended, you must go through the Transcript Review process to finalize your Transcript Entry section.  You will need to review your coursework from each institution attended.

Repeated Coursework

Specify if you have repeated any coursework.  If yes, you will need to indicate which courses were repeated and mark all attempts at this course as repeated. All attempts will factor into your OTCAS GPA.

Advanced Placement Credit

Enter your Advanced Placement credits under the first term attended at the post-secondary institution where the AP credit was awarded. You will enter the test name and subject in the course title and course code fields, and the Grade should be ‘CR’ for Credit. Once you do this, the CAS grade should automatically populate as ‘None.’  Please be sure to enter the correct number of credit hours earned for this AP credit, and during the review and finalize process, select this entry to designate it as Advanced Placement Credit

OTCAS does not require a copy of the AP test score report.

Honors Coursework

Specify if you have completed any honors level coursework.  If yes, you will need to indicate which courses were honors level courses.

Study Abroad
Grades and Credits Appear on the Home School Transcript:
  • If your study abroad coursework appears on your home school’s transcript with full grades and credits, then you should list these courses under your home school. During the review and finalize portion of your Transcript Entry section, you should classify these courses as “Study Abroad.”
Grades and Credits DO NOT Appear on the Home School Transcript:

If your study abroad coursework does NOT have grades or credits on you home school’s transcript, you must determine the way in which you went abroad.

  • If you went through another Overseas U.S. Institution, the you need to report this school in your Colleges Attended section, and list your coursework under that school in your Transcript Entry section. A transcript WILL be required for that school.
  • If you studied abroad using any U.S. study abroad company, you must report a Foreign school on your application. You will NOT be able to list your coursework. You must then contact your OT programs directly to ask if they require the company transcript be sent DIRECTLY TO THE THEM. Do NOT send company transcripts to OTCAS.
Hebrew/Jewish Institutions:
  • Zaidner Institute/Maalot Yerushalayim: You MUST report Thomas Edison University (and NOT a foreign school). List your coursework under Thomas Edison University. A transcript from Thomas Edison University is REQUIRED to be sent to OTCAS.
  • Any Other Hebrew/Jewish Institution: You MUST report a Foreign School, and you will NOT be able to add your coursework. Do NOT send documentation unless a foreign transcript evaluation is
    required by your OT programs.